Tuesday, August 21, 2012

state of exhaustion.

Who knew going back to work would take such a toll on me??  I'm feeling especially "pooped" after only two days of work.  On the bright side, my classroom is set up and I'm ready for orientation tomorrow night.  On the down side, I have to TEACH next week.  What?!  I'm looking forward to hearing "Mrs. Lansche" instead of "Ms. Collins" this year.  It's gonna take a little getting used to, but it's a welcome change!

************

Breakfast this morning was quick.  Bo whipped up some oatmeal with banana and fresh blueberries.  I always add a packet of Splenda because it's just.not.sweet.enough.


The thing I love about oatmeal is how much it fills me up...and for how long.  It's AMAAAAZING.

***********

So, school was...well, school.  It consisted of cleaning, organizing, yapping with co-workers, and praying for some motivation.  My teammate and I showed up in matching outfits for the workday and I couldn't resist getting a picture.

Yes.  We are THAT nerdy.  You can't help but love that Mr. Siler.  Check out that thumbs up, ha.

***********

Dinner tonight was a real treat.  Bo had orientation at the high school tonight so I took responsibility for dinner, like any good wife would do ;)  I'm learning to juggle all my hats including the newest--wife.  I think I'm doing a pretty darn good job.  So tonight I was feeling like something light, so I opted for a pasta salad and brussel sprouts.  I also whipped up a healthy egg salad for lunches this week, and a loaf of banana bread.  I was one busy girl in the kitchen.


 Found the recipe for these ridiculously tasty sprouts here.  Thanks Heidi, Bo gobbled these down.

 The pasta salad was easy...only a mix of cooked pasta, broccoli, olives, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, and a little bit of italian dressing.  Light but tasty.  Just what I wanted.

 While Bo and I were enjoying our dinner, look who was giving us the stare down.  That's his sweet spot.  He sits there because he can see what's going on in the kitchen, at the dinner table, and has a good enough view to keep his eye on Lucy.



I saved the best for last...

Thank you Julie at PB Fingers for always delivering the best recipes to your readers!!! Check out the recipe for this Banana Bread at Julie's blog.  I never sway from her recipes, they're usually just right.

***********

Ok, so I got all this accomplished today yet felt exasperated throughout.  I just keep thinking about what my mom would say--"Becky, this is life."  I guess she's right.  So I'm going to pull up my big girl panties and clean out my closet.  I'm going to need some room for all the hats I'll be wearing this year...teacher, coach, full-time graduate student, wife, mommy (of the dogs, that is), and aspiring blogger.  Bring. it. on.

No comments:

Post a Comment