Sunday, August 19, 2012

a new table with a lot of love.

I've got three things on my mind this morning--my table, my dogs, and Jesus.  Last night, Bo and I went out to dinner with my parents, my brother, and Claire.  We went to our favorite spot, Spunkys.  We enjoyed dinner and drinks and some adult time, which is very unusual.  The little ones were off with one of mom's friends having dinner and school shopping.  While we missed their presence, it sure was nice to have dinner, just the six of us.

Rusty is moving into a new apartment, and his girlfriend's family is giving him a new dining room table.  Rusty's current table was handed down from my mom, who had it for years.  It was enjoyed by many, mostly our family who has eaten many a meal on it.  Since Rusty is getting a new one, Bo and I went after dinner to pick up the old one!

Ignore the mess.  Despite the fact that we have an office and a desk, our kitchen table always serves as a multi-purpose work space.  The table is the perfect size for the space!

And look who is hanging out with mommy...how can I not love that sweet face?!  My dogs are the best, literally.  It's not up for discussion.

So, I went for a quick run this morning - 2.06 miles - and it sucked every bit of energy I had.  Not sure what's going on with this body.  Lately, everything aches.  I think I'm going to have to do some re-wiring to go back to work tomorrow.  I've got to retrain myself to wake up early, work all day, make time for exercise, go to drill team practice, do my graduate school work...AND then get up the next day and do it all over again.  This, my friends, is why I need a lot of Jesus right now.  I'm praying that He will help me to get back into the swing of things and that the transition isn't too rough.  At the same time, I'm praising Him for giving me an able body and sound mind.

Gotta run, and get ready for church this morning...without the hubs :(  He's out on the golf course with daddy.  He should be ashamed!  (But don't worry, he's not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment