Tuesday, August 7, 2012

big day.

Yesterday was such a big day.  Not only did I get a lot done, but we also got to take Bo's mom out and celebrate her birthday with her before she left for SC this morning.  Bo and I ran out to the school to take a few "after" pictures of the classroom.  Even though it's not completely finished (hence the empty bulletin boards), it's looking a lot better.



 **it will only look like that until school starts


After we left the school, we went downtown to walk around and I found the most adorable store that I had no clue was even down there.  It's called Charisma, and apparently it's been there since October?! Either I'm blind or I don't get out enough.  Anyway, I could've spent hours in there but my teacher's salary just wouldn't allow it :(  Bo did buy me some super cute finds though!

 I fell in love with this crab platter, which is now sitting over our sink!

I also found this cute top and earrings.  I can't wait to wear them to school!  It's like I'm in sixth grade all over again school shopping.  I guess I just really love school??

Last night, we all took Marie out for her 67th birthday!  My mom, sisters, Bo, myself, and Zlyphia took her to Spunky's, which is our favorite spot!  We enjoyed some really good food and passed around the birthday dessert (literally) to share.


The birthday girl and Alex :)


Of course, the art is from Emma, our little artist!  Notice I said artist, not spelling bee winner.  She spelled her name "Murie" instead of "Marie".  If you squint hard enough, you can see it.

This mug was courtesy of Bo and I.  We thought it couldn't be a more perfect gift for a coffee-loving grandma...to a BIG MUTT (aka Miller).  It's especially funny because she wanted nothing to do with Miller when we first got him, and now she's in love with him.  He won her over by nuzzling his fat, slobbery face all over her pants legs :) What a cutie.

The community chocolate mousse cake...the three bites I had were TO. DIE. FOR.



We had such a good time...so good, we had the girls back over last night to stay.  I have NO idea what time they went to bed last night and I'm a little nervous to ask.  But this is what I found when I got up...




My guess is they were up pretty late.

**********

While the girls were sleeping, I managed to make myself a quick and easy (but healthy) breakfast.  Chobani pineapple yogurt with flax granola, strawberries, and blueberries.  I also had half of a whole wheat bagel with mom's HOMEMADE pear preserves.  I hadn't tried them since she gave them to me about a week ago, but let me tell you they were good delicious!  I have a feeling they won't last very long...




Mom get's an A+ :)  Now, I think it's time to get the sleepy heads up.  Camryn wants to make a batch of cookies (from scratch) to start learning for her future bakery.  I'm all for it.  Also on the list of things to do today...nothing.  I better enjoy it while I can, because school starts back soon.  Even though I'm looking forward to the new school year, I sure am loving my summer life.

No comments:

Post a Comment