Sunday, August 26, 2012

jonah, school work stir crazy, & elliptical wipeout.

Last night, Bo and I had a pretty bare dinner.  It's one week before teacher payday and, as you could imagine, the fridge and pantry are looking pretty bare.  Sweet potato fries, asparagus, and black beans...not a normal combo, but good nonetheless.


Don't mind the big blur in the bottom left of both pictures...didn't realize until I was blogging that there was a big smudge on the lens of my camera.  It's all fixed now.

We went to mom's and didn't get to watch Madagascar 3 as we'd planned because apparently, it's not come out on dvd yet.  Instead, we watched the newer version of 101 Dalmations, which was so much cuter than I expected it to be.  It left me wanting a puppy really bad, but Bo would never stand for that. Besides that, we've got two to love on already!

**********

This morning, we headed to church.  Great service!  Pastor Danny finished up the last lesson out of the book of Jonah.  Throughout the book, we kept revisiting the fact that Jonah was running from God.  I guess that really left an impression on Bo, because on our way back from church, he proclaims, "You know what?!  Last summer, I was running!"  For those of you who may not know, he broke up with me last summer for 2 months and I was devastated.  I laughed and said, "Bo, you were running from ME."  He surprised me when he responded, "No, I was running from God...He intended for me to be with you all along."  Made. my. day.

After church, we tried out a new restaurant downtown called 247 Craven and it was sooo delicious.  They serve fresh, seasonal food--mine was all of the above.

After brunch and a quick trip to Walmart, we were home and working tirelessly to get ready for school tomorrow.

Again, don't mind the blur.  Meet our kitchen table.  Renovated into a workspace.  Ugh...Bo and I were going stir crazy sitting there for three hours.  Yes, three hours.  On the bright side, we got a lot accomplished and were excited to get up and head to the gym.  I had too much energy at bay, just waiting to be released.  And release it, I did.  I found an elliptical interval workout that I decided to try out because I get way too bored on that machine.  Not only did the time pass by more quickly, but it seriously wiped me out.  You can find the workout at PBFingers blog...

**************

It's 7:30, I'm sipping on a glass of wine and watching SVU with the hubby (while blogging, of course). I can't think of a more relaxing way to end my day.  Tomorrow is the BIG day!!!  I'm super excited for a fresh start with 85 new students.  Praying God will use me this year in many ways...<3

             

No comments:

Post a Comment