Saturday, August 4, 2012

i'm a nerd.

There's no doubt that I love my job.  Education is my passion and no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to vacation from it.  I was a little too overzealous this summer and decided to go in early and work in my classroom.  We're still three weeks off from school, so not a soul was there but me and the janitorial staff.  Imagine that!? This is what I walked in to...


This is actually after I moved all the furniture out of one corner of the room.  Bare walls, empty, and completely lifeless.  I almost cried because it wasn't my classroom.  I worked on it all day Wednesday, but it's still not quite finished so I'll post some "after" pictures later.
To motivate myself, I popped in The Ron Clark Story this afternoon.  Bo was off galavanting with some of his wrestling buddies and I'd already done every bit of work around the house I was going to do (including some pretty darn good cooking) soooo I opted for some inspiration.  If you haven't seen it, watch it.  Especially if you're a teacher.  It's a true story, which makes it that much better.
Anyway, I'm planning to go back this week to work on my classroom a little more.  This is the last real week of freedom for Bo and I, so I do plan to take advantage of every second we have together.

Speaking of Bo, he's just walking in the door which means its time to close the computer...dinner and a movie tonight for the lovebirds <3


No comments:

Post a Comment