Monday, September 3, 2012

labor day weekend fun!

Labor day weekend was a busy (but fun) few days for both of us.  Friday night, Bo and I took my sisters to Spunky's for dinner before heading out to the football game.  Bo had to be at the school a little early to set up the concession stand, so my sisters and I went on a mission...As fifth graders, they are starting to explore growing up.  As much as I'd like to believe they're my little girls, they're becoming more and more mature all the time.  Over dinner, they were expressing their desire to start shaving (yikes!) because "everyone else is doing it."  Being the big sister, I of course made sure they were taken care of.  So, we set off to Target to buy their very first shaving supplies.  Mission accomplished.  We also had enough time to stop by froyo for some dessert before going to the school.  


The Bears took the game with a final score of 41-8 against West Craven.  The girls did a great job at half-time, as always.  


Bo and I got home pretty late Friday night and we were exhausted.  We still managed somehow to get up the next morning for an early trip to the gym before getting packed and heading to Sunset Beach for Anna's (bo's cousin) wedding.  Unfortunately, Bo had a cold all weekend and I wasn't feeling real well either so we weren't able to enjoy it as much as we'd liked.  BUT, we still enjoyed being a part of Anna's big day and spending time with family and friends.  




I love the daddy/daughter dance...


They must've had ten different kinds of cupcakes!  Soooo good.

I was especially excited to see one of my old drill team girls at the wedding!  I haven't seen Laura in years, and she's just as cute as always.  I really enjoyed catching up and spending time with her :)


Let's discuss that hair.  It was 100 degrees outside, muggy, and swarming with mosquitoes.  Considering the above, that's a good decent picture.  Laura looks beautiful, doesn't she?  Miss her so much!


I always enjoy weekend getaways with Bo.  He makes my life so much better...I am truly blessed <3

No comments:

Post a Comment