Thursday, September 6, 2012

the swing of things.

I'm starting to really get into the swing of things.  I'm adjusting to my new schedule and still managing to fit in time for exercise and blogging.  Even though I'm super busy, I'm managing to get everything done thanks to my husband who is so helpful and the ongoing to-do lists.  I don't know about you, but checking things off the to-do list is one of the best feelings!  I feel as if I'm actually getting something accomplished when I physically check it off the list.

*************

Last night marked the first Grizzly football game!  I, of course, had to go and see my babies playing on the field and cheering on the sidelines.  Even though the grizzlies lost the game (14-12), it was a great first game.  I also managed to get some really great pictures for the yearbook while I was there :)


The captain's meet up before the game!  


Check out that stunt!  SO proud of my girls :)

I took way too many to share, but you get the point.  

**************

This morning, I'm really reflecting on Pastor Danny's blog post from yesterday.  You see, twice this week, I've had "one of those mornings" (and this is only a four day week!).  Being the OCD soul that I am, it's been ongoing stress each day.  Reading this post helped me to look at things from a new perspective and I feel it's really worth sharing with you all before I go.  I particularly liked this quote from Mike Yaconelli:

"Accepting the reality of our broken, flawed lives is the beginning of spirituality not because the spiritual life will remove flaws but because we let go of seeking perfection and, instead, seek God, the one who is present in the tangledness of our lives. Spirituality is not about being fixed; it is about God’s being present in the mess of our unfixedness."




No comments:

Post a Comment