Sunday, January 6, 2013

sunday slow-down

Happy Sunday y'all :)  I don't know about you, but I think that the weekend should last through Monday.  One more day would do wonders for my well-being!  Oh well, wishful thinking I guess.  Bo and I have had a pretty good weekend.  Friday night, while he was off at wrestling (no surprise there), one of my very close friends and I caught up over dinner!  I feel terrible using this 3+ year-old picture, but I have no recent pictures of us together...which is simply awful.  I intend to fix that.


Stephanie and I have been close friends since 2005.  Hard to believe that it's been that long!  She is the type of person who just gets me, even when no one else does.  We've seen each other fail miserably in various areas of life, which has brought us that much closer.  She never judges, and loves me through it all.  So anyway, we did our little Christmas exchange (another Christmas after Christmas) and caught up on all the latest life-happenings.  I am just SO thankful for good friends like Stephanie.

Saturday, after going to Bo's tournament for a few hours, I picked up an iPad from a colleague who is allowing me to borrow it through the end of the year.  I got a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas (that I'm in love with because I'm a bookworm) but it isn't compatible with Flash Player...so to make a long story short, my co-worker is letting me borrow the iPad to utilize a program called educreations.  For you teachers that haven't checked it out, you should.  Now.  I was so pumped about it, that I spent the entire afternoon playing with it.  

This morning, we woke up and ran out to the high school for our weekly weigh-in.  I haven't weighed in since before Christmas, mainly out of fear that I'd packed on too many pounds.  Somehow, maybe by the grace of God, I'd only gained 1.4 pounds since Christmas.  This shouldn't be too hard to lose.  The WeightWatchers program is super easy to use and I've had so much success with it.  After weighing in, I fixed a quick cup of coffee, showered up, and we were off to church.  

Church was good today, as always.  Our church will soon be starting a series based on My One Word. I'm super excited about picking my one word, even though I have NO CLUE what it will be.  Forget New Year's resolutions, I'm going to spend the next year focusing on my one word.  In the running...
  • Discipline.  I'd love to be more disciplined in so many areas of my life.  I sometimes feel like a bit of a spaz, jumping from one thing to the next, never finishing anything.  
  • Joy.  I've thought about this a lot lately.  I want to find joy in the small things.  
  • Acceptance.  I have a very hard time dealing with situations when they are not going my way.  I really hate to admit that, but it is what it is.  I'd like to learn to accept my circumstances, particularly when they cannot be changed.  I want to learn to accept the people in my life for who they are.  I want to accept change, and I have a feeling 2013 will bring many changes.  
I'm still giving my word a lot of thought; hopefully, I'll choose something soon (and choose it with confidence).  
The rest of our day has been consumed by cleaning, laundry, lesson planning, and lounging around the house with the dogs.  I sure do love a Sunday slow-down.

In just a bit, Bo and I are headed to my parents' house for dinner, and mom says it's a surprise...


No comments:

Post a Comment