Thursday, January 10, 2013

ever-changing appetite.

There's a lot changing lately, none of which I'm accepting all too well.  For one, the weather.  This weather is just awful.  It's 45 degrees outside one day--I'm wearing scarves, sweaters, UGGs, and all things warm and cozy.  The very next day it is 70 degrees.  Of course I walk out of the house wearing the cold-weather gear only to realize we've been invaded by warm weather.  And then there's gas prices.  I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that they are changing along with the weather.  Call me cheap, but I'm ready for prices to stabilize...at the lower end of course.  And, let's my mention my appetite.  If I didn't know I wasn't pregnant, I'd think I was pregnant!

**I'm not pregnant**

I have this obscene love of all things FOOD, but my appetite is continuously changing.  It's very difficult to stick to any sort of routine when you want something different all the time.  I'm constantly looking up recipes (that I'm never gonna cook) and browsing through my favorite blogs, looking for food ideas.  I just love food.  And honestly, I've had some pretty good food here lately...no thanks to me, of course.

Clearly not a food, but it is a staple in the diet.  I love my Kuerig (I also love polka dots).  The latest concoction--one splenda, one teaspoon lite chocolate syrup, and 4 Tbsp. fat free half & half.  Makes the world's best cup of coffee.









The Harry & David chocolate-covered blueberries are my latest obsession.  Unfortunately, I have to go easy on these.

Note:  My mom (best mom in the world) is responsible for both the banana pudding and shrimp creole. She made both of these for our family dinner on Sunday night and let me tell you, it did not disappoint.

As you can see, I've got some pretty talented cooks in my life ;)

********

Ok folks, I've got LOTS on the agenda today.  First on the agenda, breakfast (of course).  Then I'm heading to my hair appointment...just a trim, no worries.  Happy Thursday!


No comments:

Post a Comment