Tuesday, July 23, 2013

downtown and a little cafe.

The last few days have been such a good great time and so full of family, friends, and fun...oh, and FOOD. How could I forget food?!  I couldn't.  I can't think of a better reason to splurge than a birthday, and I definitely splurged on mine.  This year's theme--cupcakes.  My husband knows me so well, he had these in hand first thing Sunday morning.



If you haven't had a Strossner's cupcake, you are definitely missing out.  Thankfully, my mom and her friend were coming for a visit so between family and myself I only actually ate two cupcakes.  Ok, I lied.  I had one every day for three days in a row.  But I'm done.  I'm back on the right track, and I honestly feel much better!  And yes, the birthday celebration lasted a solid three days.  I feel so lucky to have such wonderful family and a husband who treats me like a princess.

**************

My mom and her longtime friend, Louanne, came to Greenville for a visit to help celebrate my birthday.  We've been learning our way around Greenville and finding all of the best shopping spots.  This morning, we headed downtown to check out the shops and find a local place for lunch.  While I didn't find much in the way of shopping, we hit the gold mine of restaurants.  I'm talking heaven on earth people.  While in a cute little cooking store, we asked the store clerk where might be a good place to eat downtown.  She sent us to Tupelo Honey Cafe.  This super-cute place served up the goods!  My favorite is their Signature House-made Rosemary Peach Lemonade.  But at $3.50 a glass (no refills) and an unknown number of calories, I stuck to one glass.  You better believe I savored every sip.



Yes, those are FRIED okra.


After lunch, I took the girls to see Liberty Bridge...

The view from Liberty Bridge.

It is truly beautiful in downtown Greenville!  It's still hard to believe this is now my home, but I can honestly say it feels more and more like home each day.

Off to pick up the mother-in-law at the airport, and soaking up the rest of my visit with my mom this evening.  Wanted to leave you with this thought...

"You've only got three choices in life--give up, give in, or give it all you've got."  Make each day count. Choose happiness over the negative.  Choose to love others.  Whatever you do, do it with you're whole heart.  


No comments:

Post a Comment