Tuesday, August 6, 2013

confessions.

It's amazing to me how God works...how he orchestrates the events in our lives.  Four days ago, the doctors said my brother would be on a ventilator for two weeks following surgery.  After being sick for months and enduring the operation we'd feared all along, he came off the ventilator in only two days.  Yes, two.  His body, overwhelmed with infection, is fighting tooth and nail to heal.  He is exceeding the doctors' expectations for recovery.  Who else could orchestrate these events?  I am so overwhelmed with thanks--for this brother who won't quit, for my supportive and loving family, and for daily reminders that God is real and working in our lives.  I don't mean to sound "religious" or even as if I am this super person who has it all together.  I don't.  BUT, I know that I know (that I know) that I need Jesus all the time and He is here all the time...and I'll leave it at that.

**************

Confession.  My body is revolting.  I never do that well staying on track when I leave home, and the past four days are confirmation of that.  What is exercise?!  What is fueling my body?!  I wouldn't know because I've done neither of the two.  My menu for today--
Breakfast:  Bacon, Egg whites, and Cheese on a Asiago Bagel 
Lunch:  Angry Birds Gummies, Goldfish, and yellow melon mom cut up yesterday
Dinner:  Does a Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Latte count?  
Cut me some slack.  I've been at the hospital all day.  I know, no excuse.  I vow to get back on track tomorrow.  Say a prayer!

Confession.  I am ridiculously excited to go back to work.  I know, I know, teachers everywhere are wondering if I'm sick.  But honestly, there is so much excitement that comes with change and new beginnings.  I love my teammates already, and I adore my instructional coach who has been nothing short of incredibly helpful and supportive.  

Confession.  I'm a freak of nature.  I am still recovering from sun poisoning from two weeks ago.  My legs look absolutely ridiculous, and there is no possible way they will heal in time to wear summer attire.  On the plus side (yes, there is a plus side), my ankles are no longer swollen and I can walk without piercing pain all the way down my legs.  On the not-so-plus side, when my legs do heal, they will be just a pale white as they were before.  Winning.

Last confession, I promise.  I miss my husband soooo bad when he's gone whether that's 30 minutes or 5 days.  Being the wonderful man that he is, he brought me home to take care of my brother.  Unfortunately, he had to go back home and work but is driving all the way back to get me this weekend.  A week apart is just too long when you love someone just this much...and it's a HUGE much.  He is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I am really lucky to call him my husband.    Truth <3

No comments:

Post a Comment