Monday, April 8, 2013

happy place.

Confession.  I've spent WAY too much time worrying over what I eat, how big my thighs are, what my tail looks like in a bathing suit, and what other people think.  I realize that self-critique is an unfortunate trait that sort of just goes along with being a girl, but when you think about it--really think about it--it's just kind of sickening and self-destructive.  Instead of praying for new thighs, I've come to realize that I am able to feel good about me through staying active and fueling my body the right way.  Yes, I've always loved to exercise and be active but I've never actually stuck to anything consistently until now.  I've finally found my happy place and it feels so good.  

"She is energetic and strong, a hard worker...She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." -Proverbs 31:17 and 25

That's been my source of motivation lately.  Proverbs 31 is probably my favorite passage in the Bible.  

*************

Ok guys, good great NEWS!  I'm running in my first race this Saturday!  Don't get too excited, it's only a 5K.  BUT, I've never run in any race so it's a starting point.  My knees have been achy with all the extra training I've been doing at the gym so I'm sticking to the elliptical until I run Saturday.  Otherwise, I'm worried I'll overdo it and be unable to race.  So, check back and I'll have racing photos posted this weekend! 

Short post, I know, but Dancing with the Stars is calling my name...and that glass of wine Bo just fixed me.  He <3's me :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment