Friday, December 28, 2012

glad to be back.

Ok, I know...I've been MIA for too long.  Once school was in full swing, grad school got intense, and drill team practices and games began, I disappeared from the face of my blog.  To say I've missed blogging would be an understatement.  

Christmas is over, the decorations are down, and everyone is getting geared up for 2013.  It's the time for New Year's resolutions, hitting the gym to shed the extra pounds, and a fresh start!  I can't help but be excited about all that is in store for 2013.  Like everyone else, I've been considering what my own resolutions will be.  While I don't have any "resolutions" (no one ever sticks to those anyway!), there are a couple of things I plan to focus on:
  • Family first.  Life gets super busy but family keeps us grounded.  My family brings me so much happiness.  I don't want to miss my little sisters growing up and I plan to be there every opportunity I have--the school plays, the dance recitals, the holidays, school banquets--the list could go on and on.  I want to be a part of it. 
  • Don't abandon the small things that bring me joy.  I enjoy blogging (whether anyone reads it or not)...so I'm back, and very excited to share my journey with whoever should read, even if it's just my mom ;)
  • Keep and open mind.  I'm finishing up my graduate degree and I've been spending time exploring my options after graduation.  Who knows what opportunities may come my way?  I don't, but I intend to consider every opportunity.  Through faith and prayer, I know God will send me in the right direction.
  • My husband.  I cannot stress enough just how happy this man makes me.  We are so blessed to have one another.  Sorry about the picture, but it pretty much sums up our relationship...


Ok guys, I have to get out of the bed, off this computer, and get my rear in gear.  After having lunch with a few of my girlfriends (who I haven't seen in forever!) today, I have to whip up few appetizers for tonight.  I'm having Christmas after Christmas with my two very best friends, and I cannot wait!  

Cross your fingers that it all turns out because we all know how brilliant I am in the kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment